Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Me

For a few days, pushing on a week now I have been debating on what to write. I love to write but often times I can't figure out how to get what's in my head on paper or in this case on a screen. It makes sense to me but when others read it well thats a different story. So today I decided to write about me. I am a mother and a wife I desire and want so badly to be able to accomplish the divine calling that God has blessed me with. My husband is studying to become a pastor. I have 3 children, 1 of the three was diagnosed with PDD-NOS (autism). We have our ups and are downs with it. For a while I spent hours thinking about how I could have changed things, what could I have done to make him not autistic until I realized I wouldn't have him any other way, he is so perfect just the way God made him. Lately I have takin' a liking to more natural ways of parenting. I cloth diaper, I homeschool, we have a garden albeit a small one but it's still a garden, we have begun the process of totally eliminating red dye 40 for our diets for my son's sake. I have begun to learn that each day is a new adventure, a new chance for learning, a new chance for expanding your child's horizons, one day closer to them becoming the person God has destined them to be.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Penny! Are you going to start blogging more regularly now! Yay! Can't wait to read what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try!! we will see how it goes

    ReplyDelete